Globe Mission supports young people who want to serve as volunteers specifically in developmental aid in order to prepare for life and work in a cross-cultural context. Via our umbrella organisation, the APCM, we can recommend projects in Mozambique, Nicaragua, or Peru, as well as in several other countries. While the APCM facilitates the application process, Globe can advise applicants and help them decide whether the volunteers service is right for them.
Our Goals within the APCM as the Umbrella Organization:
In their one-year service volunteers
- gain new experiences,
- discern global interconnections,
- experience personal growth,
- discover new ablities,
- take on challenges,
- get to know different ways of life,
- find profesisonal direction,
- possibly develop new views, and
- get to enjoy the work they do.
Partnering organizations benefit from
- support and practical help in their day-to-day operations,
- members to enrich their team as well as the project
- one or more volunteers who
- show an interest in the people
- are enthusiastic about their work
- contribute new ideas.
What are some requirements for being a volunteer?
a) Willingness and Openness:
- an openness for other people and their ways of life,
- willingness to take on new and unfamiliar tasks (even amid difficult circumstances),
- willingness to constructively work in a team.
b) Interest in
- broadening one's own horizon,
- dedicated involvement,
- showing initiative,
- confronting questions on developmental aid and global interconnections.
c) Independence and a sense of responsibility.
d) Physical and emotional health.
e) Self-determination (- the applicant's choice to volunteer must be entirely his/her own).
f) The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
g) The applicant has to have completed high school, college level education, or job training.
Experience (depending on the post)
a) Experience in working with the respective target group through volunteer work in groups, clubs, etc.
b) Certain skills (for example in music, media, etc.).
c) For working abroad: adequate language skills (as relevant for the assignment).